Merry Christmas! 2012

Merry Christmas! 2012

Monday, December 10, 2012

Life

Well, I recently got internet connected at my new place. So it seems right to start up this blog again. Starting over with pretty much everything.

I've often heard that if you wanna make God laugh, make plans. God definitely has a sense of humor! Every time I have made a plan in the last 19 months something's come along to mess it up. But I think I'm finally getting a bit better at rolling with the punches. At least I feel that way.

So, what have I been up to in the last 19 months? Honestly...not a whole lot. In fact, it is a little surprising to me that so much time has already passed since I made the huge decision to take my kids and start a new life without the ex.  I definitely miss Rexburg. I know a lot of people can't wait to get out of there once they're done with college, but I would go back in a heartbeat if the ex didn't live there. I have so many wonderful memories of that place, and it's such a fun little town! I don't know, maybe I miss it so much because of the people I met there. But I do miss it. A lot. Especially right now.

Anywho. When I finally realized I needed out I was blessed with amazing parents who let me move in with them. Letting your grown-up child move back in with you is one thing, but when she has 3 little ones in tow? Now that's huge. But we needed it, my and my little munchkins. They adjusted to life with just one parent much easier than I'd anticipated and I truly believe that was because we were surrounded by my family. Not only did the boys suddenly have grandparents who were constantly there, but also aunts, uncles, and cousins. We all needed the support and I will be eternally grateful for it. Not to say there weren't still hard times afterwards - I think everyone is grateful that I'm back in my own place. The boys included. They still love going to grandma's, but they love our new home.

We moved into our place at the beginning of October. Originally I thought it was going to be a short, somewhat temporary move so I actually still have LOTS to unpack. Last week I found out that I can stay here longer than we originally thought. So once all the Christmas decorations come down in December, I get to finally really make this place my home. I probably won't do a whole lot to it, but I am so, so tempted to paint a few of the walls! Anyone wanna help?! ;) Please?! :)

That is more or less our update of the past 19 months. I have a lot on my mind, but it's all kerbabbled and it's late so I should head to bed. Bonus 10 points if you know where I got the word kerbabbled. Good night!

-Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment